Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

9.12.2006

Eva Day! China 2006

This morning we slept later than any other day.  After breakfast we gathered with others from our travel group and our guide got us loaded into taxis to go to Wal-Mart to purchase some baby formula and other items.  The taxi ride was very fun as we weaved in and out of traffic.  There doesn't seem to be any rules of the road and pedestrians do not have the right of way.  The taxi ride back was even more fun because we were laughing and the driver caught on to us having fun so he even got crazier.  We saw many buses coming at us head on and then a quick swerve to the right.  Two lanes of cars backed up at a red light, no problem just get in the oncoming left lanes and pass them all.  By the time you get to the light it turns green and you're in the lead.

Wal-Mart was really a lot like the US.  I thought they actually had nicer things.  It was two stories with food on one story and clothes and other items on another.  They had a ramp escalator for you to go down a level with your cart and it was magnetized so the cart wouldn't role and you didn't have to hold on to it.

Around noon we are back at the hotel to rest and wait until around 4:00 pm to go gather with our travel group and guide to get Eva.  I will post more later so check back for an update.

Praise the Lord, we have Eva now.  It was a very emotional experience in many different ways.  It all happened very fast.  We were probably in the gotcha room for around 10 minutes.  They called us out one at a time, checked our passports and gave us our baby.  We all changed their diapers and left.  I'm kind of at a loss of what to say at this point so take a look at the pictures and we will post more later.

 Today is Eva's birthday and the day she met her family.  We received a birthday cake from our guides.

We're all trying to figure out which child is ours!


 

0 kind words:

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP