Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

9.20.2006

Day 12 Leave Nanchang

I can't believe our adoption journey is drawing to a close.  The trip is going by so quickly.  I'll be sad to leave this beautiful country.

We left Nanchang this morning and arrived in Guangzhou around 11:30.  Eva did well on the flight, but I cannot imagine flying 14 hours with her!  She's restless and likes to fall asleep in her bed, not our arms.  When we got to the White Swan, our rooms were not yet ready.  So, Mike and the boys stayed at the hotel, waiting, while Jordan, Eva and I went for Eva's medical check.  She had a visa picture taken and then we headed to the medical office.  Eva fell asleep right before her check and slept thru the exam and weight/height check.  She is currently 15.4 pounds and 28.3 inches.  She's growing!  She woke up during the ear, nose and throat check.  The doctor was pulling some yuck out of her ear.  She didn't like that.  We walked back to our hotel and Mike and the boys had just gotten our rooms.  The White Swan is a very nice hotel, especially compared to where we stayed in Nanchang.  The hotel is very large and is filled with shops and restaurants.  It also has two outdoor pools.  Everything is close by and in walking distance.  In Nanchang, we had to take a taxi to most places.  We walked around all of the shops and had dinner at a Thai restaurant.  We walked around some more shops and enjoyed the area.  I stayed in the room to give Eva a bath and the rest of the gang went down to the pool.

Eva continues to do well.  Her kidneys work very well and so does her digestive system.  So much that her bottom is a little red from giving me too many dirty diapers.  She is a very happy baby and seems to love all of us.  She is especially happy at night after she has her bottle.  After her bottle she gets very giggly and outgoing and turns into a different character.

Guangzhou is a very beautiful city at least where we are.  The buildings around the hotel area are European in style and everything is very clean.  This area is very much geared for Westerners and you almost forget your in China until you wander out to the shops.  It has a tropical climate and has a lot of trees and plants.

 Our guide Mary with Cheri and Eva

0 kind words:

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP