Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

9.17.2006

Day 10 Nanchang 2006

Today there was nothing really planned as a group.  We started the day with our normal breakfast in the hotel.  After that we had a mini church service in our hotel room.  Another family joined us and we shared a little more about ourselves and what brought us here. Then we read some scriptures, sang praises to the Lord and worshiped Him in song and thanksgiving.  We finished with a time of prayer together.

After that we walked to a small store and bought Eva some little hair bows that are little springs and will stay in the little bit of hair that she has.  From there we took a taxi to the park we went to the other day.
Soon after we arrived at the park we were befriended by a little boy around 9 years old, I guess.  He could not speak English but we quickly figured out that he wanted to ride some of the rides that they had with Jordan, Seth and Jack.  So I joyfully paid for his tickets to join our kids on the bumper cars, a small rollcoaster type ride and the swings.  Each ride we went to you could tell that the Chinese people that ran the rides were scolding him and telling him to leave, but I insisted that he go on the rides and when I paid they let him.  We managed to find some young people that could speak English, and they talked to the little boy and found out he has no parents and I assume he is homeless.  I don't know if that is true but it didn't matter to me.  He was having a great time and was smiling as he rode with our kids.  He was having such a good time.  He seemed to think he was acting as our translator because someone would ask us to go on their ride and I would say no or use my hands to say no and he knew and would tell them no in Chinese.  For about 10 minutes before we left he kept patting his belly and I figured he must have been asking for food.  As we left the park I felt compelled to give him some money so he could get some food.  As we walked away I looked back and he was waving goodbye and I went back over to him and gave him a hug and told him he was a good boy.  He said good boy back to me.  He hugged me back a couple of times and started to cry.  As I hugged him I said a quick prayer for him and asked the Lord to bless him.  As we walked away he just kept looking back at me and I could see he was wiping his eyes.  I know some people would say that I got the wool pulled over my eyes so to speak.  Maybe I did, maybe I didn't.  It doesn't really matter to me whether the boy was just trying to get money or not.  I don't think he was and all I know is that he had so much fun for an hour with us and riding rides and the money I gave him was a small amount by American standards but could provide a lot for him.  The hugs we exchanged also meant a lot to me and I hope for him.
After the park, we rested a bit back at the hotel and then went to dinner.  Dinner was very good again and we had some different dishes this time that we haven't had yet.  This was probably the most expensive dinner we've had so far.

After dinner we all went to a water fountain show that was outside along the river.  It was like a park and a lot of people gathered to see the fountain show that also has a laser light show.  It was in a very new area of the city and it looked to be a more upscale area than we have seen.  

Eva is really starting to enjoy being a part of our family.  Her true personality is finally coming out and she is quite the character.  She usually gets goofy right before bedtime.  She'll throw herself back on the bed and just giggle about it.  I guess she thinks this a great thing to do.  She smiles big and shows off her funny looking teeth.  She's definitely a mover.  She wants to be going at all times.  At the fountain show, she didn't want to sit still and watch the show.  She may not enjoy that trip home!  We found that she can scoot on her tummy and she can be on her tummy and move into a sitting position.  She'll stand with me holding her hands.  She's definitely not ready for any walking just yet.  She really loves to eat.  I cannot believe how much food she can put away.  She loves her bottle and has about 4 bottles a day still.  Plus, she eats breakfast, lunch and dinner.  She'll probably gain a couple of pounds before her medical appointment on Wednesday.  Now, not only does Seth and Jack eat us out of the house, now we have to deal with Eva!

Two more days in Nanchang and then we are off to Guangzhou.


0 kind words:

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP