Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

9.11.2006

Day 4 Travel to Nanchang 2006

Yippee!  Today we slept until about 4:30 or 5:00 so we are making progress.  I have a feeling by the time we get fully adjusted we will be heading home to adjust all over again.

This morning we left our hotel in Beijing around 8:00 am for the airport to take our flight to Nanchang.  The airport experience was a little different this time because we were in the China domestic terminal so it was not very westernized like the international terminal.  We managed to find our gate ok but I wandered away to find an internet connection and almost missed our boarding.  The flight was delayed almost an hour but it was a good 2 hour flight.

Our guide met us in the Nanchang Airport and we took a small van to the hotel.  On the way a lady walked in front of our van and I thought for sure we were going to hit her but our driver somehow managed to stop just in time.  They exchanged a few words, which of course we couldn't understand and then we were on are away again.
The hotel is a little nicer than the one in Beijing and we have a very good internet connection now.  The city of Nanchang is around 4 million people and is much more of what I expected of China than Beijing was.  Beijing is geared more toward tourist and is much more Westernized.  We were met in the parking lot at the airport by a little boy that was very poor, dirty, worn out cloths and very alone.  It was very sad and we all felt very helpless.  He just looked at Seth and Jack and kept saying hello.  Jordan was a little upset by the whole experience and really wanted me to give him something.  This is a humbling and good experience for all of us.
We met several others from our DTC group and completed some paperwork and then our guide Mary took us all out for dinner.  We had a typical Chinese resturant dinner with the turntable full of food in the middle of the table and we paid 80 yuan which is $10 for all five of us and that included a tip.  We are getting a little braver in our eating and so far none of us have been sick.

Tomorrow morning after breakfast we are going to a local Wal-Mart to get a few things and then we will be united with Eva at around 4:00 pm.

We praise the God and our Lord Jesus Christ for everything He has done so far, for His hand of protection and for His guidance.

Descending into Nanchang, Jiangxi

 Nanchang Street Scene

View from our room.


0 kind words:

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP