Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

9.14.2006

Day 7 Nanchang 2006

Today was a slow day.  We all got a really good night sleep.  We gathered today around 10:00 am and walked down the road to the Teng Wang Pavilion.  We went to the top floor, saw a short show and just walked around and enjoyed the scenery.  A very funny thing happened as we were leaving.  We were looking at some gifts and Jack was sitting on some steps about 15 feet from us.  The next thing you know a Chinese man comes over to Jack and starts talking Chinese to him and picks Jack up into his arms and starts walking away towards his friends.  Jack calls out in a very serious voice, "Mom?".  The man is laughing and smiling at us as he is walking away so we know he is playing around and just wants a picture taken with his friends.  I snapped a picture as he was walking away and then walked over with his friedns and took a picture too.  Everyone got a good laugh from it all, except maybe Jack.

Other than that we are just taking it easy and relaxing.  We want to be alone with Eva so she is just with her family and out of the group environment and doesn't see so many Chinese ladies.  Eva is doing very well but we do think she is overwhelmed with all the activity.  She will put her hand in front of her face when she starts getting upset.  Cheri stayed in the room with her all of the afternoon and the kids and I went for a walk to the supermarket to get some juice and bread.  We are going to have pbj sandwiches tonight in the room and skip the Chinese dinner.  I picked up some chocolate bars too.  

Eva is a year old but more like a 6 month old in abilities.  She can sit up ok but she is wobbly and after a long time of sitting will get weak.  You can tell that she isn't used to being held or loved on.  We pray that the Lord will heal her heart and mind and that she would be filled with the love and peace of Jesus Christ.  We know that our Lord will be doing wonderful and miraculous things in Eva's life and ours as we grow together.  She has been responding to me (dad) when I say "bao bao" which means precious baby or little treasure.  When I say it she will look up and around until she sees me.  So she must have heard that before many times.  She also will look at us when we say "nee hao" which means hello.  Jordan was putting a little toy on Eva's head and then Eva would try to put it on her head.  We are so thankful and continue to trust and depend upon the Lord for guidance and wisdom.  God is so good!

Take a look at the pictures.  The last two are of Jack being taking away by the Chinese man.


0 kind words:

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP