Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

9.08.2006

Arrival in Beijing, 2006

Greetings from Beijing!  We arrived today, Friday around 3:00 p.m.  It was a pleasant flight, but it is so long.  Everything went very smooth and we had no problems with delays, nothing was lost or broken.  We praise the Lord for answering our prayers and watching over the entire trip half way around the world.  None of us could sleep very much at all.  Jack slept the longest at about 2-3 hours.  I think I slept 5 minutes.  Words cannot express how good it felt to get a shower and brush our teeth.  We were greeted at the airport by Lisa, who brought us to our hotel.  We have connecting rooms at the Novotel Peace Hotel in downtown Beijing.  Beijing reminds me of other large US cities.  You can see much construction in preparation of the 2008 Olympics.  It is very beautiful.

One funny story; the bellhop brought our bags into our rooms.  He noticed an old dog tag that was on my daughter's bag.  It was actually our dog's ID tag when we lived in Illinois.  Jordan kept it.  So, the bellhop asked if he could have it to give to his girlfriend!  He didn't speak much English and he never could get across why his girlfriend would like it, but he insisted she would.  Now, there is some girl in China who has an ID tag with Millie's name and address.

This evening Mike, Jordan and Jack ventured out for a walk.  They tried a tasty fried banana snack from a streat vendor.and liked it very much.  They saw a lot of fresh sea food you could pick out and have cooked.  They were not brave enough yet to try any.  Mike showed Jack some scorpion on a stick but he didn't have any.  Seth and I stayed in the room because Seth was out cold and we couldn't wake him up.  We will be in bed early tonight and be rested well for a full day tomorrow.

 Hotel Lobby

Street vendors in Beijing


0 kind words:

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP