Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

9.16.2006

Day 9 Nanchang 2

Today has been a good day for Eva so far.  She slept well through the night (as usual) and woke up around 7:00 a.m. for a bottle.  She loves her bottle and gets very excited when she sees it.  We actually have to make it in hiding or she'll start fussing while she waits.  We went downstairs for breakfast around 8:30 and Eva loves to eat rice congee and watermelon.  She also loves those steamed buns.  She has such tiny fingers but she can actually pick up her food quite well.  She can even pick up a piece of rice.  Great fine motor skills!

Then at around 10:00 we headed to a park for a short bit.  It was so neat and there were so many people there!  They had a carousel, bumper cars and small amusement rides for the children.  People were singing, exercising and playing music.  The Chinese people loved practicing their English on us.  We even had a group of young people come up to us to talk and tell Jordan how beautiful she was!  They all loved having their pictures taken.  Some people were even taking our pictures with their cell phones.  It is much different from a park in the states.  We saw two little boys relieving themselves, one peeing in a drain right out in the open and one with split pants on being held by his daddy off to the side going doo doo.  This is normal in China and you will see it often in parks or even on the side of the street.  Most toddlers wear split pants with no diapers so they can go to the bathroom when they need to.  The park is a popular place on the weekend and there were a lot of families there spending time together.  There were many activities going on such as exercise, singing, badminton and other games.  We only spent a short time there, but we would love to go back before we leave Nanchang.  On the way out of the park we were surrounded by about 15 people all wanting to look at Eva.  I gave a lady a card that explained we were in China to adopt a baby girl and she told everyone and they all seemed very pleased about it.  Jordan, Seth and Jack were also an excitement for a lot of younger boys and girls.  Eva slept through the whole experience.

After the park, we went to the porcelain street and bought a few things.  Eva did great.  She is definitely a good traveler and can sleep through anything and eat on the go.  She fits right in with our family!  We went out for lunch and we had no high chair.  So, Eva sat on Mike's lap and ate off the table.  She loves noodles and rice.  I hope she's not disappointed with American food.  I cannot fix Chinese food this good.
We skipped the group dinner because Jack really wanted Pizza Hut so we took a taxi to eat Pizza.  The Pizza Hut is the nicest and cleanest I have ever seen.  The pizza is the same but the inside is nothing like back home.  It resembles more of a very nice restaurant.  The taxi rides are very inexpensive.  It costs about .75 cents to a dollar to go several miles.

I have to say that Eva is doing so much better.  She seems to really enjoy all of us and will go to everyone equally, though I think she still prefers mom.  Once she's been fed, she has a smile to offer everyone.  I cannot seem to get those smiles on camera.  She just looks at the camera instead of smiling at it.  Whenever we leave the room, Eva gets so excited and starts making happy sounds.  She is so interested in everything around her.  I have to remember that this is all probably "firsts" for her and she's just taking it all in.  She saw a dog on the street and squirmed to get a better look.  So, I'm sure she'll enjoy our Millie.  When Eva went down for her afternoon nap, she giggled while Mike played with her for a bit.  I feel so relieved that she seems to finally like us.  I know she will still have issues to overcome, but we've been praying for her and know that God will give her peace.  He's already helped her over the most difficult part.  She is such a perfect fit for our family.




0 kind words:

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP