Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

9.21.2006

Day 14 Guangzhou 2006

This was almost a free day for us.  We went downstairs for a great Western breakfast.  Jordan and Mike headed to check out the pearls with the rest of the group.  The other 3 children and I went to the pool for a bit.  If anyone knows us well, they know our boys love to swim.  So, we thought Eva would enjoy it also.  That has not happened.  We put her swimsuit on, and she put her feet in a little, but that was it.  She actually seemed a little nervous to be around so much water.  It may have something to do with the fact that the water wasn't too warm.  She loves her baths and does a lot of splashing, but the pool was a bit overwhelming.  Hopefully, by next summer, she'll feel differently.

Around noon, we headed down for the traditional red couch pictures of all of our babies.  They all did really well.  I was very surprised.  There were a few whimpers, but it is very hard to get 10 children in a picture and have them all look happy.  We then spent the afternoon shopping and looking for great bargains.  Mike really seems to enjoy the haggling.  I have to walk away during that part.  At one shop I told the girls that Mike was the boss when it comes to our purchasing anything.  When Mike got the price he wanted all the girls giggled, "He's the boss of the family!"  It was really funny to listen to them all.   We ate lunch/dinner at the deli next to the hotel.  They have a very good variety of breads.  We skipped the dinner cruise with the group.  We have so little time here in Guangzhou so I wanted to spend more time walking around this beautiful city.
Xi Xi took care of all of our Consulate stuff.  So almost all of our paperwork is finished and then we'll head for home.


0 kind words:

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP