Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

9.15.2006

Day 8 Nanchang 2006


Today we visited a village about 30 minutes out fo the city.  About 80% of the Chinese population lives in the country villages and the other 20% in the cities.  Most people that visit China only see the cities and not the villages where a majority of the people live.  The village was fairly small and consisted of small one story brick or wood homes mostly connected together.  The people in the village were very friendly and seemed happy and content and I felt very welcome there.  There was no running water or bathrooms but they did have some electricty.  The smell of smoke from a small fire filled the air as we walked through and were greeting by mainly older men and woman.  I don't recall seeing very many young people but there were some and also some small children.  Our guides told us that it is most likely that Eva was born in a village a lot like this.
After the village some of us went to Wal-Mart again to get some water and other things.  Then we went back to the hotel and Eva and I took a nap.

We went to dinner at around 6:00 pm and it was the best dinner I have had my entire time in China.  The selection and taste of the food was really good except for one really really hot red pepper I chewed on and swallowed but even it was good.  The restaurants gives us so much food and I feel like we waste so much because we can't eat it all.  Our guides Mary and Xi Xi did a great job on ordering the food and having smaller portions brought to us so we didn't waste as much.  Mary and Xi Xi are very good to us and help us and serve us in so many ways.  We could not have two better people taking care of us while we are here.  They have been a real blessing to all of us.

0 kind words:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP