Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

9.01.2007

Day 5 Guangzhou 2007

Today has been a good day.  Joy is showing remarkable improvement.  She's smiling more freely with everyone.  She was even saying mamamamama.  She actually interacted and babbled with Eva today.  I stood her up against the bed and she stood for quite some time, albeit unsteady.  This afternoon she put cheerios in her mouth by herself.  She still doesn't eat very much, but at least she is eating.  She even curiously watched me eat an ice cream cone today.  I offered her some, but she turned away.  She enjoys watching me try to blow bubbles with my gum.  When she thinks I'm going to blow a bubble, she makes the "kissy lips face".  I'll try to get a picture of it.  So funny.  Joy still does the head banging in bed at night, but not too often.  Last night, just a couple of times.  I've noticed that she's rocking less, also.  I don't think she's rocked at all today.  She still likes to pull her dress to her lips, though, like Eva would cover her face with her forearm.

After breakfast, we all headed to the walking street to do some shopping.  We didn't really find anything we wanted, but it was an interesting place.  They have a large screen outside like Times Square in NYC.  After returning to our hotel, Mike and Jordan headed out to another walking street.  They like to venture out on their own.  Seth had a terrible headache, so he stayed in the room with the girls and me.

Jordan, Eva, Jack, Joy, and I headed out to buy ourselves some cabbage for dinner tonight (Jordan and I love the cooked cabbage at Cow and Bridge).  On the way, a lady was pointed to Joy in the stroller, saying, "no, no".  I looked and Joy had her whole left hand (the smaller one) all the way in her mouth.  She was gagging and threw up all over herself.  She continued to do it, laughing the whole time.  I had to go back to the room and give Joy a bath, which she hates.  She ended up screaming the whole time.

Tomorrow, Mike may venture out to the local Christian church with the older children.  We don't have anything else planned for the day.  We're enjoying our stay here in Guangzhou very much, but it is hard on Seth and Jack being in one place for so long.  They like adventure and new things.  I know they will be ready to leave soon.

One more thing I noticed about Joy; her eyelashes are about 1/2 inch long.  I've never seen eyelashes so long in my life.  They are just beautiful.

Walking Street, very muggy.

This happened minutes after Eva said, "I'm not tired!"


0 kind words:

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP