Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

9.03.2007

Day 7 Guangzhou 2007

Sorry, no pictures today.  Seth, Jack, Eva, Joy, and I stayed at the hotel this morning while Jordan and Mike went shopping for pearls.  They had a great time.  The children and I went to the pool.  Joy likes the pool, but not the bathtub.  We got caught in the rain, but the boys continued swimming.  I stayed in the locker area and talk with an Australian couple who just adopted a little girl.  

Last night, we went to another nice dinner with our guide, Judy.  She does a great job and we really enjoy her company.  Unfortunately, the camera was at the room during this time.  They served us a plate of chicken feet.  Words do not do it justice.  I couldn't bring myself to try them.  The boys did.  Jack generally will eat chicken down to the bone, but he didn't care for the feet.  Seth also tried them.  He said they were "leathery", but didn't taste badly.

Afterward, we went to buy tea.  It is very neat how they do it all.  You are seated in front of a lady and we tell her what kind of tea we want to try.  She serves them all to us in tiny teacups and we tell her which ones we want to buy.  The ginseng tea was excellent, and I bought some more jasmine tea.  I could easily switch from coffee to tea if I lived here.  Good tea is so much more easily accessible and inexpensive here.

Joy is still continuing to blossom with love and care.  Now she smiles easily and she'll hold our hands and walk around the room.  Joy is definitely more aggressive than Eva, and she can get really loud in her jabbering.  I just love her so much!

0 kind words:

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP