Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

9.04.2007

Day 8 Guangzhou 2007

Another day in Guangzhou.  There really isn't a whole lot to do as we wait to complete this adoption.  After breakfast, we took a taxi to the Toy Market.  Well, it was 6 stories tall, but it wasn't even half toys.  We did get a few things, but I was misled by the name.  Seth ended up getting a wave board for a third of the price in the states.  Jack got a nice soccer ball; the second one since we got here.  Seth brought his soccer ball, so that makes 3 soccer balls in the hotel room.  It gets kind of crazy around here with all of the balls.
For dinner we went to a Shanghai type restaurant here on the island.  We went without a guide, but it was fun.  The food was good.  Jordan said it was the best so far.  While we were there, it started raining very hard.  You guessed it, no umbrellas.  After trying to hail a taxi, Mike and Seth ran back to the hotel to get a taxi to come pick us up.  It was raining so hard that we couldn't make it back to the hotel with the girls and 2 strollers.

Joy is improving daily, and she fits into our family perfectly.  She's starting to enjoy food and trying new things.  Physically, she's still quite behind, but I can already see how much she's accomplished in the last week.  I spoke with a lady yesterday, who had been to Joy's orphange last year.  She said that she felt sorry for the children there because even though the nannies were nice, there was not love for the children; it was just their job.  She also said that there were no toys to stimulate the children and that during the 6 hours she was there, the babies were not taken out of the crib.  She stated that she doubted Joy was ever taken out of her crib.  It makes me so sad for the children that are still there.  I hope their families come get them soon.

 Learning to walk with Dad.

Eva choking hugging Joy

Eva, heading out of the bathroom.  I hope she learns to "check her dress" after using the potty.

0 kind words:

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP