Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

9.11.2007

Day 14 and 15 Guangzhou 2007

Well, this is our last post from China.  It is hard to believe that our time here is over.  When we arrived, it felt like we had such a long stay here.  It is amazing how our lives have changed these last 14 days.  We are now a family of 7.  Joy continues to amaze us with her progress and adjusting.  She's now taking about 5 steps at a time and smiles a lot.  She's learning to actually eat her food well.  Tonight, she had a pizza crust and ate it all.  Eva is still having her stuggles.  She shows Joy affection, yet she's a little rough with her.  I don't think she really knows how to handle it all.  I'm sure in a few weeks, she'll be doing much better.

Today, we had our Consulate ceremony and picked up Joy's passport with Visa.  Joy slept thru it all and Eva slept on the way to the Consulate.  Now, if we can just get them in sync for the plane rides home!  All of our flights are currently on schedule and we fly to Hong Kong in the morning, then on to Chicago from there.  We won't get home until late Wednesday night.  This evening we ordered Papa John's and it tasted delicious.  We're all packed and need to finish up a few things in the morning.  We're hoping for a good sleep tonight, but Joy seems to be restless at night.  She woke up at 1:30 a.m. with her regular screaming fit.  Mike put her in bed with him and we all slept in late. 

Tomorrow, Eva will spend her 2nd birthday in China.  It is hard to believe that we received Eva one year ago tomorrow.  I would have never dreamed we'd be back within a year.  God is so good and faithful to us.  We are so blessed to have our wonderful family.  Please pray for our safe travels and that we'll all rest well and that the girls especially will be content on the long flight home.


0 kind words:

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP