Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

9.05.2007

Day 9 Guangzhou 2007

Another day of waiting.  We should receive Joy's passport on Friday.  Until then, we do whatever we want.  Today we decided to go to the park.  The Americans call it Five Rams Park.  It is very large and in the city of Guangzhou.  It is very beautiful.  We could have spent more time there if the children were not hungry for lunch.  As it was, we were there until 1:30 or 2:00.  When we first entered the park, a crowd of people gathered around us.  Only one man spoke English and everyone was asking questions about Joy and Eva.  Then they talked about Jordan, Seth, and Jack.  They said how "lucky" Joy and Eva were.  Everyone was so nice.  One older lady said that when the girls go back to the U.S. and drink our water, they'll start looking like us.  I wonder how they came up with that?  Joy just looked and listened.  She was very still and quiet.  Soon, she fell asleep in the stroller.  Eva looked like she was terrified with all eyes upon her.  Lately, she seems to more shy.  Maybe she's just overwhelmed with everything.  We continued walking through the park.  I have to say just how beautiful it is.  It is hard to believe such a beautiful place is right in the middle of the city.  You can actually hear the traffic in some places.  There were also children's rides in the amusement area, very similar to the one in Nanchang.  They were for younger children, but my older children needed the "amusement".  Even Eva enjoyed the carousel and umbrella ride.

Tonight, we had another dinner at the Thai restaurant, Cow and Bridge.  For Jack, it is bearable.  He managed to eat enough food to keep him alive, somehow.  He seems to have an upset stomach tonight.  We did a little more shopping at a few shops, and headed back to the room for baths.  It was another very warm day in Guangzhou.  At least we didn't get caught in a rainstorm.

We'll be leaving in a week.  Time is flying by for me.  I know I'll be sad to leave China again.  Last year, I knew I wanted to adopt again, and felt that we'd be back.  But, I'm not so sure about this time.  It has been such a wonderful experience and we love Eva and Joy so much.  They've added so much to our lives.  Joy continues to thrive with our family.  She's gotten to be quite the handful.  She has a temper and throws herself back when she's mad.  There seems to be only a couple of things that gets her that angry: having a toy taken away and having a bath.  She also fusses terribly when she's tired and seems to be happy to be put in her crib.  I'm not sure how that will work out for the plane ride home.  Please pray things go well for her.

The curious crowd.

0 kind words:

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP