Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

8.31.2007

Day 4 Guangzhou 2007

Today was a good day.  Joy woke up without crying.  She slept well, and I only heard her bang her head on the crib a few times.  She also seems to be getting over her terrible cold.  I'm sure that cold contributed to her crying a lot.  Slowly, she's interacting with all of us.  She's smiling more often and seems to be much more content and at peace with us.  Her appetite has picked up.  She usually has about 5-6 ounces of formula with some rice cereal mixed in.  For breakfast she ate a little more congee and a few bites of banana.  She still doesn't eat enough food, so I'm sure she'll be on the bottle for a while.  Physically, she's probably at about 9 months old.  Mentally and emotionally, about 6 months.  She's already been exposed to so many things that she's never experienced.  At dinner, I give her some food to eat and she feels it and tries to put it in her mouth.  That alone is an accomplishment.  Just a couple of days ago, she didn't know what to do with food when I put it in her mouth.  She loves to be outside.  Tonight we were out a bit, and she was very well behaved.  There is so many things new to her.  I'm so happy for her; that she has a new opportunity in life, an opportunity that she probably would never have if she stayed in the orphanage.

Today we went to Baiyun Mountain.  It is a beautiful mountain with wonderful gardens and a path all the way up.  Because of our family size, we had to take 2 taxis.  All of the girls with our guide were in one taxi, and Mike and the boys in the other.  Mike left before us, but we got there before him.  When they pulled up, Seth looked green.  Apparently, the heat, cigarette smell, and lurching in traffic caused him to lose his breakfast on the floor of the backseat of the taxi.  Mike felt badly for the driver and gave him some extra money.  We found out later, that Mike's taxi fare was much more than ours.  Maybe the driver took the long way?  No wonder Seth got sick.  We rode an open seated vehicle to the top of the mountain, walked around a bit, then took the tram down the mountain.  All the pics off the tram are compliments of Seth.

I have to post a funny episode that happened the other day.  We went to a walmart type store.  When we got out of the taxi the girls each got in their own stroller.  Jack wanted to push Eva.  We were in a hurry to get out of the way and Eva wasn't buckled in.  Jack was moving fairly quickly to get onto the sidewalk.  Sure enough (I saw it coming) Jack rammed the stroller into the curb of the sidewalk.  Eva flew out of the stroller and slapped the ground with her hands and fell flat on her belly.  After making sure she was fine, I couldn't help but chuckle about it all because it was such a funny site.  Jack looked completely shocked at what had just happend and didn't want to push her anymore.  Poor guy.

Tomorrow we're planning on heading into the city to the walking street.  I hope things go well with the girls and it will be less than 100 degrees out.  Yes, the heat index was over 100 today.  It is very smothering.
 Our First "Family of 7" picture.

On the Tram

0 kind words:

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP