Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

9.08.2007

Day 12 Medical Exam Guangzhou 2007

And now it is Saturday evening.  To me, our time in China is going by so quickly.  I'm enjoying being in my daughters' birth country.  I know the rest of the family is ready for home.  The three oldest are ready to start soccer season, I need to start school with the children and try to adjust Joy and Eva back to our schedule.  I think the first week will be tough.

This morning we met our guide in the lobby at 9:30 a.m. to walk to the medical exam office.  I finally met the other 2 families in our travel group, Tracy and Kathy.  It was so nice to finally see the faces that I've been chatting with these last couple of months.  First we stopped and had Joy's visa photo taken, then we went next door to the doctor's offices.  It was busy, and we had to wait a bit.  First Joy was examined by the ENT area.  She can hear and her nose and throat looked fine.  We were in and out of that area in less than a minute.  Afterward, we went to the physical exam area.  The doctor looked Joy over and discussed her hand with another physician.  Then we were off to the weight and measuring area.  At 16 months old, Joy weighed in at 16.6 pounds.  I had figured that Joy would weigh about what Eva weighed at 12 months, 15.5 pounds.  So, I was just a pound off.  Joy just doesn't have the appetite that Eva has.

After returning to the hotel, I had to meet our guide to do some paperwork for the U.S. Consulate.  It took about an hour.  I have not been feeling well for the last couple of days.  Actually, I've felt ill, so I was happy to stay in our room all day.  I tried to rest along with the girls, but my stomach wouldn't allow me.  I had not eaten except for some breakfast, so I did venture out with the family to the Pizza Hut.  I figured the whole time we're here, it has been local food.  The Pizza Hut was for Jack.  I did manage to eat a couple of pieces and I still feel fine as I type.  Jordan awoke this morning with a sore throat.  I pray that she doesn't share it with the rest of us.  I cannot imagine being sick on the trip home.  Or worse, any of the other children.
Joy is doing a few new things.  She's enjoying copying us if we clap or click our tongue.  She doesn't really crawl anymore, she gets around on her feet and hands.  She can lift herself up to a standing position.  Yesterday, she actually took a few steps by herself.  She's still very wobbly, but adventuresome.  Her posture is horrible.  I think she lacks muscle tone.  Eva was the same way.  We had to work on sitting straight.  I've noticed little things that Eva does with Joy.  She's starting to do the "baby" things that Joy does.  It is hard for Eva to understand Joy coming into our lives, but I think she's doing great.

Dinner?

0 kind words:

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP