Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

9.02.2007

Day 6 Guangzhou 2007

Today was another step in Joy's attachment.  Last night, she continued to bang her head on the bed; she slept restlessly and so did I.  But, she seems to be increasingly enjoying our presence.  Joy is consuming more food now that she's more comfortable with us.  She still doesn't have the need to eat by the clock.  She'll go for quite a bit, refusing a bottle even after the 4-hour period.  I've wasted quite a few bottles on her.

This morning, Mike went to church here on the island.  He went to the Chinese service out of curiousity at 9:00 a.m.  Then he also attended the English service at 11:00.  He said it was nice.  The word of God was preached in this service and the church was full with more people standing outside.  The majority of the people had Bibles and were younger.

This evening, our guide, Judy, took us off the island to a typical local restaurant.  We told her we wanted to eat real Chinese food.  We also explained to her that we did not want to eat anything "wild".  By that, she knew that we'd not eat domestic animals, snakes, weird sea life or animal parts.  We ended up with a wonderful meal, of veggies, beef, noodles, lamb.  Believe it or not, no rice.  Apparently, this restaurant is known for their certain type of rice/sweet potato noodles.  Very yummy.

This afternoon, we purchased a few more dresses for Eva and Joy.  They are so inexpensive here, I can't help but buy the cute summer dresses.  There are not many fall/winter dresses because the weather here is mostly warm year round. Tomorrow, Mike and Jordan are going to the pearl market for our huge purchase.  I'm sure I'll be spending time at the pool with the boys, Eva, and Joy.  They all keep me busy.  Jordan has been such a tremendous help to me.  She does a lot with Eva.  Both Seth and Jack also help keep an eye on Eva and Joy if I'm preoccupied.  It is good to have them all here.

Thanks for all of the emails and comments.  I enjoy reading them every morning.  There is much wisdom in them all.

 My girls.

Jack, kicking around the hacky sack?

0 kind words:

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP