Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

5.18.2011

What I Love About Jack

Jack is different from most boys.  He doesn't say a whole lot.  He enjoys little things and staying home. He is satisfied wearing the same clothes multiple days in a row and it doesn't matter if they match or are off-season. He can go months without combing his hair, and he is not concerned with his appearance.  He plays soccer and is a red belt in karate.  He loves his two dogs.  Teaching Jack has been a challenge and always interesting.  In his sentence writing, I get things like: "The white cake, frosted with pink icing, broke apart."  "Her birthday party, held at a pizza place, got bombed."  "The dog, trained to shake hands, died."

Both of my boys' sentences or papers have tragic endings.  My girls, on the other hand, write lovely, happy sentences.  Anyway, back to Jack.  The other morning, Jordan came out of the bathroom after showering, "Jack got into my shaving cream again, and my razor, and soaked my towel."  I just grinned, knowing this was typical Jack.  When I asked him what he was doing in the girls' shower, he replied, "Shaving."  Well, Jack is only 12, and he doesn't shave.  I asked, "Shaving what?"  "My arms", he said smiling.  That is life with Jack.




Jack's Dogs

Today Jack had to write a 3 paragraph paper.  Since he loves geography, I told him to write it on 3 places he most wanted to visit.  I did not get a typical 12-year old's answer.  He did not choose Disney, the beach, or an amusement park.  Instead, he chose Nord, Greeland, a military and scientific base in the Arctic Circle as the #1 spot.  For #2, he chose the Hawaiian Islands for the warm, wet, forests.  And lastly, he chose the Gobi Desert in Mongolia because "the temperature ranges from 120 degrees in the summer during the day to -40 at night in the winter."

So, if anyone would love to donate to the "Jack's Trip Around the World" fund, just let me know.  All we could do is visit, look, and freeze to death (except in Hawaii).

5 kind words:

Unknown

When my youngest brother was about that same age, he used my sisters razor to shave his armpits - we called him "stubs" for several years

Holly

That's hilarious! :D Sounds like he and our oldest might hit it off. :)

withgratefulhearts

Oh Cheri...boys...what would we do without boys!! Lately I've been so sentimental about my boys getting "too old for their momma's liking". I think mostly because my 19 yr. old is now, after finishing his first 2 yrs of local community college, talking about going away to college. Oh, my heart. I cried for days when he told me. Praise God for these precious sweet beautiful boys.
Cherie

Unknown

What a sense of adventure Jack has! Not sure if I want to join him on his excursions, though. lol.

Is he, by chance, using Sentence Composing by the Killgallons? I recently picked it up for Caleb's future writing....and for me, right now! lol.

BTW, we are really enjoying SOTW. It's so easy to use. I'm so happy my mathy-science kid is really enjoying history. Caleb asks me, "What story are you going to read to me today?"

Sarah

He sounds like a great guy!!

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP