Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

5.10.2011

The Birthday

We now have another 5 year old in the house, and she is excited about it!



She was excited about her fish cake...

...excited about money, which she knows nothing about...

...excited about presents...

...and candles.

And today, I thought about the other mother.  I wondered if she remembered her daughter.  I look at these pictures and know that I am the one who gets to love her as my daughter, know who she is, hold her, cuddle her, kiss her.  Tonight, Joy fell asleep on the living room floor, clicking her tongue like she usually does when she falls asleep.  I got to carry her sleeping body to bed.  The other mother did not.  She did not.  To not know my own daughter would be unbearable.  I cannot even express in words how I feel about that.

7 kind words:

Judi

It looks like she had a Happy Birthday! I often think about Haleigh's birth parents as well - more than I thought that I would.

Kristi

Happy birthday Joy! awesome cake!

Wendy in OH

She is adorable! We'll never know the answers to those questions...

Unknown

How stinkin' cute is that fish cake???? And I loved hearing Joy's sweet little voice.

It's hard to comprehend what our kids' birthmoms go through during these birthday celebrations. It's hard not to think about them, in fact, impossible. They have given us such a gift that cost them so much.

Sarah

Happy birthday, beautiful girl.

My Diabetic Sweet Life

Thanks so much for the kind words on my blogs. It does feel nice to know that people find it helpful. Loved the fish cake that you made here - I'd have loved that as a kid! Happy birthday to your little on. My husband was adopted and we considered adoption ourselves...we never went through with it for various reasons but I'm still touched whenever I read about children who find a happy home in a loving family x

Anonymous

Cherie, do you make and design all the cakes yourself? They are so cute.

Vickie

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP