Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

6.01.2011

The Passing of Martha

I had a message a few weeks ago from her daughter, Judy.  She asked me to call her with news of her Mother.  I dreaded calling her back.  I had not spoken to Martha since she had gotten out of rehab for pneumonia.  My mind raced with various scenarios of how the call would transpire.  I knew the call would be coming some day soon since Martha was almost 90 years old.  But, I was not prepared for the wave of emotions I felt when I heard Judy say, "This is the phone call you've been dreading.  Mother passed away today."

Judy shared with me the details of Martha's passage into eternity, one that was painless and peaceful.  The lump in my throat grew larger and larger as I thought of my dear friend.  She was someone who loved the Lord with all of her strength.  I could always count on her praying for me daily.  All of the little things Martha did for me over the years came to my memory.  Seth and Mike were her groundskeepers.  Weekly, Seth would make the short trek to cut her small yard.  The whole family would make a day of raking 40+ lawn bags of leaves every fall for her.  We'd end the day with Martha fixing us a wonderful, warm dinner.



This is Martha with Eva on July 4, 2007.  She really wanted to travel to China with us, but I think the trip would have been way too much for her.  Unfortunately, it was only 3 months later after Joy came home that Martha moved away to live with her daughter in Florida because of her declining health.  She was always so full of life and spunk even up to her last day of life on this earth.

Our November 2009 Trip to Florida to see Martha

Martha and Mike exactly a year ago.  She looks so good.  I miss her so much already.
So today we went to her memorial service.  I was not sad.  I knew where she was and I rejoiced for her new life and body she now has in heaven.  But, as I heard the sweet stories from her family and other people who loved her, I could not help but feel that lump in my throat once again.

5 kind words:

Sue Lucas

Oh CHeri I am so sorry .Martha was a wonderful woman of God.I will always remember her smile.So many of the older ones I remember from New Covenant are gone to be with our Lord. May the holy Spirit comfort you and your family as well as hers.

Kristi

so sorry to hear about your special friend. Prayers & hugs

Serving the King

Oh gracious I am so sorry that you lost such a friend but so happy she is healed with Jesus now! You can just see the kindness pouring out of her eyes! It's remarkable! Thank you for sharing such a neat lady with all of us!

Naomi

I remember you writing about Martha before! It is evident that you all loved her dearly and cared for her as though she was part of your family. Well she was part of your family and you shall spend all eternity with her.

Thinking of you as grieve over your loss yet rejoice over her gain!

love Naomi

Unknown

Oh I'm so sorry. She sounds like such a remarkable woman. Praying for God to fill you with His peace during this time.

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP