Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

6.15.2011

Dinner with the Girls and a Guy

I am usually a stickler about fixing one thing for dinner and making everyone eat it whether they like it or not.  Sometimes it just doesn't work that way, though.  Sometimes I fix something that I know one of my children would not touch with a pole.  I make some exceptions.  My two pickiest eaters are Jack and Ivy.  Jack would be happy with burgers and tacos.  Ivy would prefer Asian, hmmmm.

Tonight, I made this taco type chili.  I love black beans.  I put this over some nachos...very tasty.   I've fixed it before, but Ivy and Joy did not care for it.


Notice the girls plates?  They are all eating something else while Mike and Jack were at karate, Jordan was still at work.


Let's see...Eva, of course, as usual, eats just about anything.  So, she ate the meal.  A very large portion, I might add.  Joy...well, Joy lives off mac 'n cheese.  I made a large dish 2 nights ago, and she's still eating from that.  Add a pickle on the side, and she's a happy camper.  Notice the twinkle in her eye and the wide opened mouth?  Then Ivy...yes, she's eating out of plastic.  Annie Chun's Pad Thai, to be exact.  This is my go-to meal for her when we are on the run or I've fixed something she just does not like.  Seth had dinner with us, but it was so quick that I did not get his picture.  Jack should have no problems eating dinner tonight since it is slightly Mexican, and he can eat it with chips.  And of course, Mike is just about happy with anything I fix.

1 kind words:

Learning Together at Home

Looks yummy! I would honestly - really! - like the recipe. I am in a shortage of new recipes lately. Oh and I'm a stickler for making one meal too, but as the kids are able to each pick one thing that they can avoid at all counts (except if they are guests and then all bets are off ;), I bend the rules sometimes too. I have a least favourite food too - so it works in my favour. haha


Shelley

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP