Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

6.24.2011

A Lttle Bit of Organized Messes

I know I have to live with this for a while.  But, this is hard for a couple of organized adults.


This is as organized as we are gonna get until the counters arrive, which won't be until July 12th.  The hardest part is no kitchen sink.  I have to wash my dirty dishes in the bathtub!  Yes, that's right!  We use paper plates when feasible, though.


I'm kind of getting used to the open top cabinet concept.  It makes it easy to just reach in and grab a fork without opening a drawer.

 

I'm really liking my door knobs.  They add just the right touch to the kitchen.  Notice that my doors are not aligned just yet.  We still need the molding added to the cabinets, which won't happen until...July 12th when the counters are installed.  I know once the floor is installed next week it will look much better.


Got a new microwave put in.  My last one caught fire once and just was so old.  I'm sure it was leaking some radiation over the last decade we've lived here.


We've had this faithful refrigerator (Kenmore) for 10 years.  The ice maker went out on us just a few years after we bought it.  We had some other problems, but it seems to be working fine now.  It just doesn't match, and it is kind of small for our family.  But, we Mike is not ready to purchase a new matching one just yet.  Maybe I should sabotage it?  All in due time...The lights need replaced too.  Do you like the bright, gold-builder-installed lights from 21 years ago?  I broke down and cleaned them the other day.  I thought I was getting some new ones right away, but it appears I may have to hold off on that, too.  What a Pandora's Box we have!

3 kind words:

Football and Fried Rice

Well, its coming along!! We redid the kitchen at our last place and I had to do dishes in the bathroom too (and make coffee!) It was awesome. And get this - we even had company stay with us - yep, made them dinner. I guess we can all survive, right?

Learning Together at Home

Love your new hardware Cheri! Totally my taste. Can't wait to see it all come together.

Unknown

I give you TONS of credit for tackling a kitchen redo with all of your kiddos. Phew!

We did our kitchen a few years back (before kids), along with most of the house. It was quite an undertaking. Thankfully, we had recently redone our laundry room. So I washed dishes in the utility sink. We microwaved our food in the garage. We ate in our guest bedroom. lol.

I feel for you having to wash dishes in the bathtub. That stinks. Your kiddos are troopers! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP