Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

8.04.2012

My Life Lately

My daughter, Jordan, texted me requesting a blog update.  She said I'm "boring", to which I replied, "That is my life lately."  I have to admit that sometimes boring is a good thing.  Yes, it is exciting when there is an anticipation of an upcoming event.  But, nothing of magnitude is upcoming in our lives at the moment.  So, I just decided to do another "My Life Lately" post.

After that text, I walked into the living room and viewed my girls (Jack was watching Olympics downstairs). 



This is definitely a far cry from when I was a little girl.  The VCR was difficult enough, but somehow Joy figured out this game, or at least thought she did.


Ivy and Eva played on my phone.  They love it.  I, on the other hand, prefer they play with non-electronic devices...like their imagination.  Sometimes I have to shoo them outside for some play time or bike riding.  I'm glad that soccer season is just a couple of weeks away.

I have to admit that I am very thankful for these conveniences.  I rarely watch TV, so my news is always gotten from the computer.  My phone holds all my appointments, calendars, phone numbers, and addresses.  Everything is so compact now.  Things are simplified.  The other day at the pool, I looked up a recipe and made a shopping list right there on my phone.  I used to have one of these:



...with no internet.  I was perfectly content and happy with this phone.  Before Jordan left for the Navy, she talked me into one of these:



...so we could face time each other.  I have to admit that it has been a nice, easy-to-use phone.  And there are tons of cute covers to buy for them.


So, Jordan, are you happy?  I did a post for you and said nothing important at all.

Oh, wait!  I have one "important pic".

Our paper chain for our countdown to Seth is finally off the floor!  I hated to see that puddle of chain on the floor counting the days until we see Seth.  It still goes from floor to ceiling, but there is Progress!

3 kind words:

withgratefulhearts

Cheri,
That first photo of Joy is GORGEOUS!!
Cherie

Unknown

Isn't face time fun? That is a totally cute cover, too!

And so happy to see that chain off the floor!

Kristine

This is my house, especially with Trevor. He thinks getting off the computer means it's time to get on the Wii. :/ And then he has friend come over, and how do you think they spend their time?

I still need to get a case for my phone. I keep thinking of how cute yours is!

So nice to see your chain getting shorter! Time seems to fly, but this would make it a good thing!

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP