Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

12.31.2011

Guys in Ties

The last time Seth wore a tie was in 2001.  And it was a clip-on.


So, when Seth decided he was going to the Ball, he needed to take some lessons from his dad in tie tying.

This isn't so difficult, is it?

The finished product.  I'm not sure that Seth actually learned how to tie the tie, though.

So, last night, he went to the Vintage Ball with his friends.



Since his soccer team's color was purple, some of the players decided that purple and black would be their thing.  They look pretty good.  I think about 5 guys from the soccer team dressed this way.  Fun times, fun memories.

My kids all chipped in (some did not know they chipped in) and bought me this sweet necklace from the Vintage Pearl.  This may be my favorite gift.



And just a few days before Christmas, I found these cute slippers for Jordan from Lands End.  Since she has joined the US Navy, I thought the nautical theme was so cute.  Since she is so hard to buy for, I was so pleased that she loved them.


On another note...thanks to everyone who commented and sent emails regarding my parenting posts.  Your prayers are much appreciated as well as your kind words.  Parenting is tough.  Parenting a rebellious child is 1000 times tougher.  But, this I know.  God knew what we were going to go through with Seth.  He did not give us the obedient son like our friends have.  He did not give us the mild-mannered boy across the street.  He gave us Seth.  And for that, I am so thankful.  He knows it all from the beginning to the end.

Happy New Year!

5 kind words:

Unknown

Those are some cool lookin' dudes. Hope they had fun at the Ball. Love the slippers and your necklace. I have a handstamped necklace too with everyone's name...it's such a treasure to have.

Amy

Love your new necklace. Thanks for sharing your parenting struggles. Sometimes we feel so alone in our struggles and it always helps to hear others struggles and joys. It is the absolute hardest job though the joy is only known once one becomes a parent.

Happy New Year

Judi

Happy New Year to you and your beautiful family!

Vicky

Jordan's slippers are so cute! I love you necklace...what a precious gift!

Happy New Year!

Unknown

Gosh, your muchkins look so young back then. I hope Seth had a good time at the ball.

I just LOVE your necklace. So beautiful and unique. And Jordan's slippers are so sweet.

Happy New Year!

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP