Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

12.27.2011

Christmas 2011

I have to say that we had a very pleasant Christmas. Mostly, I thought about this being our last Christmas where we are all together.  But, maybe not.  A lot can change in a year.  So, I savored every moment.  On Christmas Eve, the girls made chocolate covered marshmallows for hot-chocolate dipping.  They enjoyed that very much.



Considering we are a family of 8, things were quite calm at our house.  The girls are generally mellow.  When there is chaos in our home, it is usually because of Seth; but that is a whole 'nother post.

 Opening stockings.

 We had to satisfy Joy's sensory needs.

Jack always tries to keep himself from smiling.  But, he can only hold back for a short bit.  He's a tough one to buy for.  He's not fashionable, doesn't like reading.  We bought him clothes and books anyway.  But, he did get a DS. 

And since Jordan had not showered yet, she wouldn't let me take her picture.  So, this is the closest you'll get to seeing her right after getting up.  She really doesn't look badly, but I wouldn't let you see me either.

So, what do you get your son who needs nothing and is ready to be a Marine?  A money box!


I don't think he would have been too happy if they were all ones.  But, since he's unemployed at the moment, he'll take what he gets.

And keeping with our new-found tradition, the gang headed out for a movie.  The guys and Jordan saw Tin Tin, which they really liked.  Jack received the books as a Christmas gift from Grandma.  I think the movie pricked his interest to read.  The girls and I stayed home, since there was not an appropriate movie for the younger ones.  Once I got them to bed, I stayed up too late watching Emma.

4 kind words:

Vicky

I'm happy Seth was home for Christmas! It looks like a wonderful time of celebration and what a blessing to have family time!

withgratefulhearts

Cheri,
Love your Christmas photos. So glad your kiddos were all still there.
Cherie

Unknown

I'm so glad you were able to savor the moments of this Christmas with all your children. They look like they all enjoyed themselves.

The photo of Jordan is hilarious! That would've been me too. Yes, I scrambled in the morning to look decent because I knew I would end up on video and in photos. Lol. I was mortified one year when I saw all the video Patrick took that included me. Lol.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday time together. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

Sarah

All of the treats that you make look amazing! I think that I need some help in that area! Looks like a fun day!

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP