Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

8.29.2007

Adoption Day

Wow, what a day!  I didn't sleep well last night.  Joy coughed most of the night, or rather gagged on her congestion.  It was rough on both of us.  I also discovered that she's banging her head on the crib.  She also throws her left arm over her mouth and puts the sleeve to her lips.  She doesn't suck, but likes to have it right at her lips.  She was doing the same thing to my shirt.  Joy did not eat anything for me until after being with me for about 20 hours.  She wouldn't eat anything at breakfast either.  She sucked on a couple pieces of watermelon, but that is it.  I really don't think she has had any solid foods because when I put food in her mouth, she reacts like a baby trying food for the first time.  She pushes it out with her tongue.  She'll turn 16 months just before we return home.  It is hard to believe she's not eaten food.

Today, we finalized the adoption of Joy.  It didn't take too long, but it was hot.  Afterwards we headed to a walmart type store and bought a few things to keep in our rooms.  The place was jammed packed.  I didn't realize that 8 million people live in Guangzhou.  When we finally arrived back at our hotel, I prayed Joy would take a bottle.  She did, but only about 3-4 ounces of formula with cereal.  That was about noon.  She took a nice nap, then didn't eat again until about 6-7:00 p.m.  Joy is going to lose weight if she doesn't start eating better.  I'm thinking her throat hurts.  Whenever she coughs, she will cry/whimper.
After being in the hotel all afternoon, we headed out to walk around.  Eva and Joy were in their strollers.  Seth and Jack took a soccer ball.  I bought the girls a couple of really cute summer dresses and shoes.  I didn't intend on doing any shopping, but couldn't resist that cute dress in the window.  On the way back, Jack started playing soccer with "Jordon's" son.  Jordon has a shop near the White Swan.  The 2 boys enjoyed kicking the ball together.  We didn't feel like going anywhere for dinner, so we ended up ordering out.  I don't think Joy could sit in a restaurant for too long at this point.  She's really miserable with her sickness and her emotions right now.  Please pray for Joy.  Right now, she's just not a happy girl.  Every now and then I see a hint of a playful girl.  It is so quick that I wonder if it is my imagination.
One thing I forgot to mention was Joy's abilities.  Well, she's almost 16 months.  She can sit up for a bit before slumping over.  She has little muscle tone.  We did stand her up against the bed and she'll stand for a bit.  She's not walking and I've not seen her crawl.  So, basically, she's like an infant.  She's super tiny.  Joy is wearing 6-9 month clothes and some 6-12 month clothes.  She's just as tiny, if not smaller, than Eva was last year.  

Pictures will come shortly.  Mike and the boys are down at the pool.  I can't load anything onto Mike's laptop.  I leave that to him.  I'm sure he'll get those in tonight.  Sorry about the delay of last night's pictures.  I thought Mike was doing them, and he thought I was going to show him which pics to use.  Misunderstanding.  Also, thanks for all of the posts.  I read them all with a smile and appreciate them very much.



0 kind words:

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP