Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

8.28.2007

"Joy"ful Day

This morning, Eva woke me up at 5:00 a.m.  I figured this would happen as she slept on the plane from Hong Kong to Guangzhou.  I felt refreshed even after going to bed after midnight.  So, we cuddled, got up, dressed and headed down for breakfast, Eva's favorite part of the trip.  We all ate well, then walked around the streets for a bit.  It is extremely hot here.  I was hoping it would have been a little cooler.  By 10:00 a.m. I headed back to the room to cool off.  Eva played for a bit, then she napped almost 3 hours.

We met our guide in the lobby at 4:00 to head to the civil affairs office to get Joy.  Fortunately, we were the only family there.  After the proper paperwork, the Director brought Joy in.  She looked completely different from those pictures.  I still see a hint of her, but she looks thinner.  Joy was dressed in a new short outfift and socks.  She looked adorable and smelled like she was just powdered or bathed.  She didn't appear dirty at all, but her hair and skin is very dry.  I immediately reached for her.  She didn't reach for me, but I took her into my arms.  She seemed to be just fine and content to be there.  In her tiny left hand, she held a blue, foam elephant.  It was firmly in her grip; so cute.  I loved on her, then passed her around to the rest of the family.  She was very serious the whole time.  We did some more paperwork, while the children entertained her.  Eva seemed happy to see Joy, but the excitement wore off soon enough and she wanted her cup.  Seth got a couple of smiles out of her by swinging her up in the air.  That's a boy for you!

We got back to the room and I tried giving Joy a bottle.  She's refused it all evening long.  I'm hoping she'll eat something in the morning.  The director stated that she takes 5 bottles a day.  I tried putting 1/4 of a Cheerio in her mouth.  She makes a face and tries to spit it out.  Eva doesn't understand why she's refusing a bottle and food!  After some time of playing and holding, we walked to the pool with Jordan, Eva, and Jack.  Joy seems to enjoy being outside and is very happy.  We got back in the room and she had a few whimpers.  She also has been consoling herself by rocking back and forth.  At one point, she completely folded herself in half and lay her head on the toys.  It is so sad to see her confused.  I ended up giving Joy a quick bath.  She liked everything but the washing part and boy did she scream very loud.  But, after I wrapped her in a towel and cuddled her, she calmed down.  She's very tiny for 15 months old.  I don't know her weight yet, but I'm guessing around 16 pounds.  I put the 12 month sleeper on her and it was a bit big.  She has a tiny bottom like Eva's.  She also has those Mongolian Spots on her bottom.  I took off her socks to see those cute piggies, and boy are they big!  Her foot is wider than Eva's, but shorter.  She had 2 extremely long nails that I attempted to cut, and Joy started screaming.  She seems to be attached to items.  She'll hold a toy in her hand and not let go of it for quite some time.  She had the lion in her hand for about 45 minutes while we were at the pool.  I did notice some playfulness in her.  When Eva was sitting next to us, Joy swung the lion to hit Eva.  Hopefully, soon, we'll see more of her personality.

We're all tired.  We have to meet at the lobby at 9:00 tomorrow to complete the adoption, then off to the store to buy a couple of things for lunch in our room.  En"joy" the pictures.

 The Handoff

Meeting the sister.
Three sisters.

The Elephant Joy held in her hand all day.

0 kind words:

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP