Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

5.26.2012

Memorial Weekend

I know Memorial Weekend just began today, but we started a bit early for our last hoorah with Seth still home.  We are not crowd people.  So, if we want to go somewhere busy, we try to choose the least busy day possible.  But, since my husband is very busy with work this time of year, we opted for an amusement park on the Friday of Memorial weekend.  It's never a good sign when you arrive and see charter buses at the entrance.  But, we managed to work our way through the park with excitement and patience.


All of these pics are taken with my I phone.  My camera is still in the shop getting it's 6 year cleaning.  I do not know how to zoom using my phone, so you have to endure these pics.



I spent most of my time in the kiddie world, surrounded by screaming kids and strollers.  I rode carousel horses, worms, and dragons, refused to spin with Joy in the teacups, and drank an orange slurpee all by myself.  Then I sent Eva and Ivy off on the rapids by themselves only to watch them get stuck on that ride due to technical problems.  Joy was so small she could not even ride kiddie land rides without an adult.  If she could just squeak out 4 more inches by next year...?  I doubt it.

I managed a ride in a castle and a roller coaster with my big boys while Mike took the girls.

(Don't ask me about Seth's bandana.  I asked him why he was wearing it and his reply, "It's just weird enough to be different."  Yep, that's my son.)

On our way back to the hotel, we found a seafood restaurant.


The meal cost more than our day at the park.  And, because of this excursion, we had no change to pay our tolls on our way out of town.


We have to pay them $1.45 by check or money order within 10 days or else we are fined $25.00.  I had no idea we could be delinquent on paying tolls.

2 kind words:

Vicky

I'm with you on avoiding the crowds! My girls love that green veggie you blogged about sometime ago. They ate it with noodles and alone at breakfast. I don't know what it's called or where you buy it! If you happen to remember what it is and where to find it would you let me know. Thanks.

Unknown

Aw. It looks like you guys had so much fun!!!! And I sure hope everyone enjoyed their meal. That's a steep fine for an unpaid toll, if you don't pay it promptly. Wowie.

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP