Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

12.26.2010

Christmas 2010

It is hard to believe that this holiday has come and gone.  We all had a great time.  What a variety of ages to buy for!  Jordan and Seth are difficult and pricey.  Jack was quite easy this year since he LOVES geography and states.  Eva and Joy are still young and easy to please.  And then there is Ivy.  This was her first Christmas ever, and I think she really liked it all.


On Thursday evening, we visited family we had not seen and/or met in some times.  There was lots of food and play time for the children.  Then on Christmas Eve, everyone opened one gift picked out by the folks (that would be me and Mike).  Ivy, Eva, Joy, and Jordan wanted to sleep by the fire, near the tree.  So, we gathered up the sleeping bags and the whole gang piled in.

Seth, not wanting to be seen in a pink sleeping bag.  Enough said.

"Thanks, Dad!"

Dora in Chinese.  I'm trying to have Ivy retain her Chinese language, but she's losing it.

Jordan's first try at an origami elephant.

 My favorite gift from Jordan.

Later that day, we had a nice dinner of beef tenderloin, twice baked potatoes, salad, and brussel sprouts (yes, they were scrumptious!).  This year, Mike grilled the beef tenderloin.  Two year ago, we all (except Jordan) got sick after our tenderloin dinner.  Let's just say it does not taste good the second time 'round.  Last Christmas we opted out of beef completely.  We thought we'd give it a try again this year.  It was perfect.  Mike had his doubts.  He still can't shake the memory of Christmas 2008.


We ended the night spending a fortune at the movies for all 8 of us.  It is slowly becoming a family tradition to head out on Christmas night to the theater, but only if a decent movie is showing.

Our White Christmas!

4 kind words:

Judi

It looks like it was a great day for all! I loved the idea of all the kids camped out under the tree! What fun!

Naomi

Love the socks and sleeping by the fire and I love the brussels!!! And we got our first snowfall today!

Merry Christmas!!

Serving the King

Ohhhh sleeping by the tree! What a great idea!!!!

Mike and Barb

Okay, Nora wants to live at your house. She LOVES Ivy's long hair, and LOVES the play castle!! Thank you so much, Ivy, for your sweet card. We will hang it up above Nora's bed!
Barb

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP