Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

12.11.2009

Still Waiting to Hear Something

Well, there is nothing definite to report about our file.  But, the National Visa Center did send me a reply to my email saying my previous file was sent back to Immigration.  Please pray with me that it will arrive at the proper place early next week.  Since there has been a 3+ week delay, my new best friend at the Visa Center, Al, says he will "see what he can do about expediting our file."  I'll be calling him next week.

I've been accumulating some clothes for Ivy Xue.  Lands End was having a grand sale last week.  I ended up getting corduroys for $10, shirts for less than $10.  Lands End has great quality clothing that can be passed down to Eva without much visible wear.  On other's advice, I bought her a 5 slim in pants, and 6 in shirts.  I also ended up buying a pair of 8/9 Alison Crocs.  But, they look so small once they arrived.  I may have to bump that one up to a 9/10 in the Crocs.




I think I'm prety much set in the clothing department for Ivy, except for pajamas.  I looked at Target today, but no gowns that were not fleece.  Ivy seems quite tiny around the waist that I think that is my best option.  All those who have adopted Ivy's friends from Zhongshan CWI...what size clothes and shoes did you buy?  Or rather, what has fit?  Thanks so much!

IMG_6002
The girls having fun dancing to Christmas music!


4 kind words:

Love for Lilly Yin

We did a lot of knit dresses and leggings for Lilly. As far as shoes, she wore a size 9. She is 5. For pajamas we did gowns, and I think got most of them from khols, although I usually don't shop there. Gymboree pants fit Lilly terrible. If I buy a 3T they are still too big, 2T is too short, but in shirts I buy a 4. So if I get anything from Gymboree it has to be dresses, or skirts. Old Navy has some cute stuff with adjustable waist bands. It is so fun to shop!

Naomi

It is great to see things moving along. I really like those crocs... so sweet, maybe they will fit her! BTW where did you get those lovely dresses from that the girls are wearing?

learningtogether

Hi Cheri,

Qiao feels qute self conscious in her knightdress, so if you go that route, maybe throw in a pair of bike type shorts that she can that she can throw on underneath if she wants. Who different kids have different quirks?! :)

Sounds like you picked out some nice things for her. I'm getting excited as the tme gets closer for you to travel!

Shelley
(Mom to Grace Qiao)

Cheri

Oh, I'm praying you receive some positive news this week.

I love Lands End clothing.

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP