Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

12.04.2009

The Ivy Doll

ivy_ling_02
Another adoptive parent recently brought to my attention that American Girl has a doll named Ivy.  And guess what!  She is Chinese!  You know I'm not one for picking popular names for my children.  I thought that when I picked Ivy that it would be a little unique.  I hope no one thinks I named her Ivy because of this doll.

On another note...I found out that Ivy's middle name is not pronounced "Shew" like I had thought.  Her orphanage friends, who recently came home to their families, are calling her "Shoo-ay".  So, Margo,if you are reading this, you were right, the "e" in Xue is pronounced, not silent like our English language.

0 kind words:

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP