Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

12.01.2012

Sickness Time

We've had a run of sickness at our house.  It started off shortly before Thanksgiving with Joy getting a terrible cold.  Eva then became ill.  Thanksgiving night, I got a sore throat.  It made its rounds with everyone in our house.  Fortunately, Seth and Mike left on Sunday, but Mike came home Wednesday evening with the sickness.  Nine days later, we are all on the mend, although I am still sick.  I just don't feel as badly.  I'm hoarse, stuffy nosed, with a cough.  Eva told me I sound like Phyllis Diller.  If you know who she is, you know I'm in bad shape.  Actually, Eva didn't say Phyllis Diller.  She just told me I sounded like the Ant in A Bug's Life, who is the old lady.

So, we decided to tackle the Christmas decorations today.  It took us over 2 hours without Jordan's help this year.  I sure miss her!!!  Not only did I have to decorate the tree, I'll have to bake all those cookies!!  I'm sure there won't be as many, and they won't be as good.  Somehow they always taste better when someone else makes them.

The finished product, Christmas Tree 2012.

By the time Ivy and I finished decorating the tree, the rest of the decorators decided they needed a break.


Ivy and Jack were only hit slightly with the big sickness.  I heard only a couple days worth of sniffles and coughs from them.

1 kind words:

Vicky

Your tree is beautiful. I'm sure Jordan is missing you and the family times this Christmas season as well. I hope you feel and sound better soon!

I love the photo of your helpers napping on the sofa! Two of mine disappeared to do other things, thankfully Journey stayed with me the entire time.

I bet your cookies will be wonderful.

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP