Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

12.25.2012

Merry Christmas

I'm so thankful for another Christmas with our family.  Last night, the girls had a Christmas program at church, which we all were going to attend.  Unfortunately, one young man was sick to his stomach all day long.  So, I took the girls by myself.  And keeping with tradition, the girls asked to sleep next to the tree with the lights on.  Little did they know that Grandma had bought them new sleeping bags.  So, while they were getting ready for bed, I spread out the new bags.  And, Mike and I had them pegged on which girl would pick out each patterned bag.  We were right!  Thanks Grandma!


The girls woke right on time.  They were ready to start the day!  Jordan asked us to Face Time with her, even though it was 3:00 am her time.  She is such a trooper!  We missed having her home, but we set her up nice and neat on the table so she could watch her crazy siblings.


Poor Seth had not eaten all day on Monday.  He spent most of his day lying on the bathroom floor moaning and eating Popsicles.  I'm so glad he is feeling better, and I'm praying no one else gets it.


Before I knew it, the presents were opened.  I'm quite embarrassed by this next picture, but no one bothered throwing the paper away and keeping the house in order.  We didn't even buy many gifts for the kids, and the house was still a mess.


For some reason, we had a whole lot of sweets in the stockings.


I hope everyone has had a wonderful Christmas!


Seth and his friend, Anica.  They've been friends for a really long time...

4 kind words:

Judi

How neat that Jordyn could still be a part of it! I loved the pic of the girls sleeping in sleeping bags around the tree. And it didn't look messy at all, just like a whole lot of fun had just taken place! Hope all of you stay well!

Unknown

Ugh, poor Seth!!!!

And I have to tell you that Jordan was such a trooper to face time you guys so early. The girls are so cute sleeping in their bags by the tree. What a neat tradition. Other than Seth being sick, it sound like you had a fabulous day. :)

Vicky

I'm happy that Seth could be there despite his sickness. How sweet that Jordan could be their via Skype. What fun to have the girls sleeping in front of the tree..that makes Santa's job a bit more challenging!

Happy New Year to your sweet wonderful family!

Stephanie

Looks like the perfect family celebration! (Except for the sickness, of course.) Even the mess looks perfect! I love the girls sleeping by the Christmas tree. Maybe in a few years our girls will ask to do the same.

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP