Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

11.09.2012

My Life Lately

A few posts back, I told you how obsessed I had become with checking the news regarding all of the election coverage.  It was so bad, that I went on a news fast.  I am happy to say that I did not read, watch, or listen to any news coverage until election day.  To be honest, all of the lies, twisting of truths, and deceit I read about frustrated me.  I am glad the election is over, although very sad with the demise of our values as a nation.  We are not the country we were twenty-five or even fifty years ago when it comes to our character, morals, and patriotism.  It saddens me for my children and what they will have to face in their future.  I am disappointed half the nation chose a controlling government over constitutional freedoms and rights.  Tuesday, I took the girls with me to vote.

 Given Eva's usual attire, she received many salutes while at the voting polls.


We've been having a grand time with Jordan, hanging around doing pretty much nothing!  She made a few requests for dinner.  It's definitely more fun to cook when everyone helps out!

 Cooking up the Cordon-blue!  With lots of gravy!!

 Waiting on dinner.

Earlier this week, Jack had a birthday. 


 And, earlier last month, Ivy had a birthday.  This picture was taken with my phone.  Not great quality, but she was super excited to be double digits! 


Jordan bought Jack this t-shirt.  I'm not a fan of skulls on shirt, but this particular shirt signifies her job responsibilities.  Jack thought it was cool.  I can't believe I actually got a smile from my son.  Jordan was behind me teasing him.


Today the girls had their closing program at their co-op.  It was cute watching all the little kids doing their thing.  Ivy's class played the bells.


Eva and Joy sang their Nifty Fifty states song while dressed up as Indians.  This semester they learned about the Boston Tea Party.  They even had a revolutionary battle where the kids brought in their "guns" and had "war" on the playground.  I don't think that would be allowed anywhere in the public school system.


Joy enjoyed being up on stage.  Eva....not so much.  I could see the tears and pouty face starting.  By the time she was finished, her armpits were wet and she cried once she sat next to us.  She was embarrassed.  No acting in her future!



Jordan has been enjoying hanging out with her sisters and Jack.  It has been good having her home, but the time is speeding by!  Soon, she'll be on a plane, speeding across the globe!


5 kind words:

Judi

Lots of good things happening at your home! Enjoy!

Vicky

You and Jordan could pass for sisters not mother and daughter! I feel the same way about the election.

Serving the King

Ummm hello?!!! Chicken cordon bleu with gravy??? YUM!! That looks delish! Recipe please?? Pretty please???

Holly

Wow! Like mother, like daughter. Jordan just needs to look at you to see her future...although the hairstyles will change over time. :-P

Kristine

How sweet of a time to have first Jordan and then Seth home! How much things have changed in the past year for your family.

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP