Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

11.18.2012

Her Departure, His Arrival

Jordan's two weeks home flew by way too quickly.  It was so good to have her home, staying in her room, hearing her footsteps coming up the stairs, hearing her say "Mom" every single day.  We took her to the airport this morning.  Right now she is on her last leg of her destination.  She is looking forward to starting her new job, learning about a new place, meeting new people.  I can't wait to hear from her once she gets all settled in.

Last week, we dropped her car off so it can be shipped to Hawaii.  Then, we all headed to Seth's graduation from infantry training in North Carolina.  We were all together once again after six months.  It was so amazing to look inside our vehicle and see all six of our children.



The Christmas decorations were already up at the windy beach.



These were the scenes in our hotel room after we picked up Seth.  He had a few hours of liberty on Thursday evening before graduation the following morning.

 My son is somewhere in this crowd of Marines.

  Jordan and Seth after graduation.

This was Seth's home for the last two months.  He was very glad to be moving to a new place to learn his new job.  We found out that Seth will be home for Thanksgiving!  But, I'm sad I won't have my daughter home to share brussell sprouts with next week.

4 kind words:

Vicky

Oh....what fun to go visit Jordan. I hate that she can't be home for the holidays! What a sweet blessing to have Seth home and even sweeter that everyone could be together for a short time before Jordan left!

I am grateful for Jordan and Seth's choice to serve our country. Thank you for giving them the freedom to choose. I pray that God will continue to protect them as the serve. Psa. 91

Sarah

I'm so glad that you got to have everyone home for a little while!

Stephanie

Your kids are amazing! I'm so impressed with their ambition and independence. Thankful for their service to our country as well!

Judi

Adding my thanks for your children's service to our country as well! So wonderful that you had time all together for a short time! I totally understand! The coming home times are great, the leaving again parts, not so much!

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP