Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

8.04.2011

Dishwasher Dilemna

Usually, Ivy and Eva take turns emptying parts of the dishwasher.  One day Eva will do silver, Ivy will do the dishes.  The next day, they alternate.  I told them they had to keep track of what they did.  They can't.  There always seems to be a conflict.  So, I started writing on the calendar whose turn it was to do the WHOLE dishwasher.  The girls just looked at me.  I'm not good at remembering any more than they are, so I came up with this:


Since Ivy emptied the dishwasher last night, she had to put and "E" for Eva.  It is now Eva's turn to empty.  Once Eva empties, she will replace the "E" with an "I".  I think that will solve the problem.  Eva happily walked into the kitchen this morning, bright eyed, saying, "It's my turn to empty the dishwasher!"  Then, I happily replied that they were not even clean yet.  Amazing what a little letter can do for a chore.

4 kind words:

Sarah

Great idea!

Jen

I do that same thing. I never could remember which of the kids emptied it last & every one of them always seemed to take the last turn - according to them. So I pulled out the magnetic letters and put everyone's name on the fridge. The person's name that was on the dishwasher was the one that had to empty it. It was also their responsibility to change the name to the next person. If they forget, they get to empty it again.

Adrian Roberta

Mabie if I put the 'M' on the WasherMachine.....I'd look more forward to laundry day......(-:

Ashley

Bring your letters and precious little helpers on over to my house! That is not one of our favorites . . . As I type I am thinking we do not have chores we enjoy. :(

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP