Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

3.12.2011

Shorter Arms?

I first noticed that my arms were getting shorter in 2007. The children would shove things in my face and I would have to put them at arms length to get a good view of it. That was when my lovely daughter, Jordan, brought home a pair of arm-shortening glasses from the store she worked at. They really helped my arm's length. As time went on I accumulated quite a few of those arm-shortening glasses. How many do you have? Here's my current stash, minus the few that broke.



My doctor told me in 2004 at my last eye appointment that this was starting to happen to me. I did not go back to see him until last week. Imagine my surprise when he recommended (gasp!!) bifocals! Oh, but not just any bifocals, but no-line bifocals called progressives. It was fun trying on all the frames. Mike and I settled on these.



They are simple, not too loud, with just a hint of excitement. Notice the swirly design? Now, I don't have to take my arm-shortening glasses on and off while schooling the kids. I can look up and actually still see things clearly! I can even drive with them on (my distance vision is great). It takes a bit getting used to, but it works for me.



Pictures, compliments of Eva, because, well, I just don't like to have my picture taken. I'm not photogenic, and I always have a strange look on my face.



Excuse the dry, sickly face. Blowing your nose 25 times a day will do that to a person. I'm hoping to be feeling better in a couple of days? Thanks for the prayers.

7 kind words:

trina

I love 'em!! They look very nice on you...so smart. :)
I don't usually wear glasses...just contacts. And my arms are starting to get a little shorter,too. The doc changed my contacts so I can see better close up but then driving isn't as fun...especially at night. Oh, I'm too young for this. Sigh. :)

Serving the King

Swirly designs? Hold on, let me get my arm shortening devices to look closer. Ha! You look beautiful!

Michele

So many things come to mind - one, I love the glasses! Totally cute and sassy! And aren't you glad they make no line bifocals? LOL.

Two - your hair looks gorgeous!

Three - you are totally photogenic! So pretty!

Four - could your teeth be any whiter and straighter? You should do a Crest and Pantene commerical! LOL!

Five - if that is your sickly face, please don't post your nonsickly face pictures. Thank you! Hehe.

Anonymous

Glasses look great!

Adrian Roberta

O.k. we all need friends like your Michele (-:

Love your kewl new frames! Very chic!

Unknown

Sick??? Yeah right! You look awesome!

And the glasses are totally cute and hip. Love 'em!

Great photos, Eva!

Sarah

I think you look WONDERFUL...and I love the glasses!

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP