Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

1.21.2011

What's In A Name?

When we first got our puppy, Moxie, we named her Pele. You know..Pele, the famous soccer player. The first day, I had a hard time calling her that. Pele is a guy and our puppy was a girl. So, I googled good names for chocolate labs. I wanted something clever. Her mother's name was Godiva...a perfect name for a chocolate lab, right? I thought about naming her Java, Hershey, Mocha, and some other brown names, but nothing seemed to fit. So, I then googled dark brown things and came up with "Moxie". The definition is "a dark brown carbonated beverage created in 1884". And many of you know Moxie also means "The ability to face difficulty with spirit and courage." I thought it was the perfect name. The difficult part came next; convincing the boys (huge soccer fans) to change her name from Pele to Moxie.
When I told them about the soft drink, they both quickly agreed.



We found a Moxie drink at the local market. It tasted quite good!


Eva and Ivy being goofy with Moxie.

3 kind words:

Adrian Roberta

Moxie is adorable!!! So love labs, congrats!

Sam

And here I thought you named her for the "Moxie Girls" dolls. Kieren loves them! I like their motto: Be true to yourself. Either way, it's a great name for a sweet dog!

Amy

Moxie is a great name! The town next to ours holds the Maine Moxie Festival every year.

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP