Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

1.24.2011

Embarrassing Things

We've all done ridiculously weird things. Some we share, others we are too embarrassed to share. Every time I think of a few of these things, I can't help but giggle. Here is an example of some of our "embarrassing things":

*Back when I was a teenager living at home, we always kept Seabreeze on the sink. Remember that? The refreshing green face cleanser? Well, my dad thought it was mouthwash and gargled (briefly) with it.

*When Jack was being potty-trained, I kept a container of flushable baby wipes in the bathroom. One day, they were gone, so Seth went looking under the sink for more. Instead of baby wipes, he found Clorox wipes. Ummm, yep, he used them on his bottom when he was about 7 years old.

*A friend of ours (I won't post his name??) grabbed the Desitin to brush his teeth with instead of the toothpaste. Yuck!

*One of my sons came out of the bathroom twirling an applicator around his finger that he found in the hall bathroom trash. Care to guess what kind of applicator? I cringed because I knew it was not mine!

*When Jack was about 3 years old, we were out shopping for a sewing machine. He kept telling me he had to go to the bathroom. So, the kind owner showed us the way to an extremely small bathroom (barely big enough to turn around in). Being the good mama, I had Jack stand on my shoes to give him a lift so he could make it in the potty. Well, he did not have to do THAT kind of potty. His backside opened up and covered my shoes and filled his pants. I spent the next 30 minutes cleaning this woman's bathroom, my shoes, Jack's pants. (I have numerous similar stories, but one odorous story is enough for the day. It seems like I am a magnet for my children's bathroom woes.)


Back in the days of Embarrassing Things.

I'd love to hear some of your strange mishaps!

3 kind words:

Adrian Roberta

Cheri! That is too funny (-:

Sarah

Oh my! I'm afraid that my stories wouldn't even come close to those!

Becky

Don't forget the one more recently when one of the girl's mishaps in the bathroom left you with a swipe to the forehead and poo on the brow! HA!!! The potty on the wall after church, Allison eating a necklace and the chain coming out in the diaper, but I had to pull the rest out! HAAA! I love it!! We must be interesting people! Oh, Seth eating locusts! So many good ones! Love you!

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP