Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

9.09.2010

I Love School!

Yes, it is a very busy school season.  Last year, I just taught Seth and Jack.  This year, I'm doing something with all 5 of the children.  Obviously, Eva and Joy are a bit less work with schooling.  But, this year I tried something new.  I recommended this program last year to my friend, Becky, because she had 5 children close in age.  I had a different friend who recommended it, but had never tried it myself.  Well, Becky just loves My Father's World.  So, I had to give it a try.  I bought it for Seth, Jack, and Ivy.  All I can say is that I enjoy it myself, and my children seem to, also.  Ivy is doing great with her phonics and is now reading 2-vowel words and her handwriting is just beautiful.  Jack actually asks to do schoolwork and certain subjects first.  Seth is doing great, too!  What have I been doing these last 12 years of homeschooling?  I wish I had known about this program before, and I highly recommend it to those with multiple ages of homeschooling.  Everything is written all out for you.  As for the high schooler?  Well, Seth does most of his work independently, and we check it at the end of the day, together.  He actually loved reading Julius Caesar!

Eva, working on her Mighty Minds

Joy, practicing her number sequencing

 Ivy, coloring while patiently waiting to be schooled

Flowers for me, from Jordan


2 kind words:

Unknown

You rock it out, homeschooling mama!!! Kuddos to you for working with 5 of your kiddos at the same time. I have my work cut out for me with just homeschooling one plus my little ankle biter. ;) And the flowers from Jordan are BEAUTIFUL!

Eva

Our family:

Absolutely precious! I love your school room. So bright and cheerful! Your kids look like that are having so much fun.

Isn't it such a blessing to be home with our kiddos. I was sort of not excited to start this year. I guess I was a little overwhelmed with the thought of starting over again, and feeling a little inadequate. But the Lord renewed my joy as we started last week. He showed me that I (and the girls) do so much better with a schedule. Now that school has started I feel like my life has order again! Karissa is in college.( I have to be reminded of this every Sept.) Kourtney is completely independent and Milkyla is mostly independent. So it's me and Maylie and we had a blast! She loves learning and that makes my job so easy and it was a joy! I wish we lived closer to each other and we could do field trips together!
Love Lydia

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP