Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

2.10.2010

Good-Bye, China

It is always nice to experience China.  But, it is even better to be home with my family..all 8 of us.  I'm now counting the hours until we leave.  My time here with Ivy has been a wonderful experience.  Things are good with Ivy.  

I'm now able to tell her that we leave in the morning and she does not cry.  She did not cry when my guide, Daniel, brought her passport and paperwork to us. (I have to hand-carry this huge x-ray of Ivy's chest proving she does not have TB.)  I'm expecting the tears tomorrow.  Even I cry when I leave China.  But, I'm looking forward to a wonderful reunion with my family.

Today we just did some packing throughout the day.  I organized, then reorganized, decided what to take on the plane and what to pack up.  I'm sure Ivy will be pre-occupied with the flight's entertainment most of the trip.  I doubt she'll need too much.  I'm also hoping she'll sleep some and not get motion sickness.

Here are a few pictures of the day.

Taking home CNY decorations.

Someone is always being photographed on Shamien Island.

Most people's mode of transportation.

*I found out that Ivy says okay even when she has no idea what I just told her.
*A Chinese lady commented that Ivy looked Korean.
*I accidentally had Yaro ice cream.  It was purple and looked good, but it was actually sweet potato.  Not so good.
*The bathwater here is not clear, but rather a light tan/yellowish color.  That is why we don't drink the water.
*Ivy's skin TB test still looks terrible.  It is still large, raised, and very red.
*At 7 year old, Ivy still has a couple of Mongolian spots (looks like bruises) on her backside.
*I don't think Ivy is used to touch.  Every time I touch her unexpectedly, she jumps or giggles. 
*Next post...from home.  Thanks for following this journey.  I appreciate you all and your comments and prayers.

16 kind words:

Bobby and Regina

I know you will be glad to be home! Can't wait to meet that sweetie! She looks like she is doing really great now - Praise the Lord! Have a great trip home! Love, Regina

The Landes Family

Safe travels. Can't wait to meet Miss Ivy.

Sue Lucas

Hi Cheri and Ivy Have a wonderful peaceful trip home.This has been another miracle in progress.There wil be enough snow left for her to play in with her family (lots of snow).God bless you all and yes Praise the Lord!!

Love for Lilly Yin

Ivy is precious and I know you are so ready to be home. Praying for safe speedy travels.

Naomi

Praying for a non-eventful trip home!! I cannot wait to see your home coming. I am sure that Ivy will enjoy every minute of the flight although be prepared for a sick bag just in case she gets air sick!

Blessings to you sweet friend!!

Katie

China is beautiful! Glad you've been safe! I have been and will be praying for you! By the way... Ivy is adorable! I think she'll like your family!

Melissa

I have so much enjoyed your blog updates everyday. Have a safe trip and we will anxiously be waiting for our invitation to come over and meet Ivy!! Love you so much:)

Melanie

Ivy is looking so much happier! I'm glad things are going well. We've been praying for you all. I'm sure Ivy will adjust quickly with so much love around her. :)
We miss you all, and think of you often. At least we can stay in touch by blogging!

Sarah

Ivy is a darling girl. We adopted our daughter, Yana, when she was seven, also. She is now 12. We also have 3 China treasures and a homegrown son.

Blessings to you as you travel home.

Sarah

trina

Ivy is just stunning in the second picture. Such a sweet picture of her. Have a great trip home and praying no sickness. I know the kids must be so excited!

karissa noel

We will be praying for safe travel home.

Can't wait to see Ivy with her dad and brother and sisters!

What a sweetie she is!

Lydia

Karen

Thank you for sharing your journey with us! I've enjoyed following along.
Blessings to you and your family as you reunite and adjust. You will continue to be in my prayers. Safe journey home!

Jolene Powell

I am so happy for your family! I hope you'll continue your blog. What an amazing ride you've been on over the last year. You inspire me!

Praying for safe travels home.

Jolene

Sue Lucas

HI Cheri Ivy and family,I am so excited for you all abd the wonderful homecoming you all will have today.God has blessed you all so very much as you already know.
I pray Ivy will feel all the love for her and will immediatly bond with HER family. Sue

Unknown

I hope you and Ivy have had an uneventful trip home. I'm so glad you two had some alone time in China. Praying for you all as she transistions to her life with her forver family.

Anonymous

Hey, Cheri! That picture in the breakfast room of the Victory looks pretty familiar. Too bad you didn't have a better photographer. : D
I'm glad to see that you made it safely home. God bless you all as you make the transition to a family of eight.
Holly

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP