Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

9.11.2012

Cooking With Joy

"Cooking With Joy" sounds like a wonderful title for a Food Network show, doesn't it?  But, the Joy I'm referring to is my daughter.


While the other children were at the soccer fields, Joy and I stayed home to fix dinner, Lettuce Wraps.  Today, she was my helper.  She dried the Boston Bib lettuce.  She had a great time!


After I cooked the onions, garlic, and water chestnuts, I poured in the Hoison Sauce.


Then Joy and I had this conversation:

Joy:  Is that barbecue sauce?
Me:  No, it is Hoison Sauce.
Joy:  Poison Sauce?
Me:  No, Hoison Sauce.
Joy:  Good thing it's not Poison Hoison.
Me:  Yes, it is.

So, we continued having a good time together this evening fixing dinner; one of the few times I am alone with just one of my children.


I let her play with my camera.  Not a bad shot, considering she could only hold the camera up with her tiny hands for all of ten seconds at a time.


She loved snapping pictures while I sipped my ginseng tea.  Then we ate dinner together before the gang with a big appetite came through the door.

4 kind words:

Sarah

What a special time. My family loves lettuce wraps!

Judy Deaton

She is such a doll, and you look amazing! Whatever you are eating, and doing is working:)

withgratefulhearts

They look so good. I have 2 picky eaters and 3 un-picky. The un-pickys would like them. They look great.
Cherie

Judi

They look good! What a fun time for both you and Joy!

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP