Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

4.14.2012

The Countdown Has Begun

Always in the back of my mind, it has been there.  That nagging feeling.  The inevitable departure of my adult children.  I've had a date for months.  I've known about it.  I think it would feel differently if she was moving across town.  But, moving around the world is just a tad harder to take.  My firstborn has begun the countdown to her departure date.


She does not want me to take her to the recruiting station that morning.  She prefers her dad.  Little does she know that her dad will probably be more emotional than her mom.  Twenty-two years and nine-teen days after she was born, she is leaving.  I will miss everything about her; her beautiful smile, her silly laugh, her opinionated stubbornness, her friendship.  I'm so glad I am her mom.

4 kind words:

Vicky

Wow! I know this is hard! I pray that God will be with you, especially on that day!

Sarah

Oh, that would be so hard.

Judi

I'm thankful that my three adult children are somewhat close, but it is always hard to see them leave the nest, no matter where they go. A new chapter in life. Thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers! It IS hard!

Unknown

Gosh, this has to be so hard on you, Cheri. Praying for peace.

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP