Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

8.15.2010

I'm Healed

For almost 16 years, I have had eczema.  The last few years have been terrible for my hands, the only place I have it.  I have been to different dermatologists and doctors.  They all prescribed creams and told me to come back in 6 months.  My eczema was so torturous that I'd wring my hands until they bled.  Sometimes I'd wake up with bloody sheets.  I would have deep, painful cracks on my hands and fingers.  I dreaded bathing myself and my children.  The only time my eczema went away was when I was pregnant, on a low carb diet, or in China.  Notice anything strange about that?

Well, I understand the pregnancy thing just had to be hormonal.  Shortly after childbirth, my eczema would returned.  I was perplexed by its disappearance on my trips to China.  I thought it was drinking tea instead of coffee.  But, once I came back to the states and drank tea instead of coffee, my eczema still returned.  It had to be something in the states.  

My friend was reading this book by Dina Khader.  The book talked about allergies to food because of blood type.  Well, I thought that I had nothing to lose but my eczema.  I was on that diet for a week and had not a single outbreak.  My hands started clearing up.  Why?  Well, it all has to do with wheat/gluten products. 

A week later, we went to the beach.  I had pizza.  The next day, I had my eczema again.  I knew it was the bread.  When I was in China, I ate rice, no wheat products.  It all started to make sense to me.  I'm happy to say that my hands are clear, all except for the small outbreaks I'll have if I veer too far into wheat/gluten land.  



Just thought I'd share this bit of information with you all in case you have the same sufferings.  The book is wonderful and full of information that I was completely unaware of, but now makes perfect sense.

4 kind words:

Learning Together at Home

That's great info! Garnet suffers really terribly with eczema - I'm going to see if I can get this book from my library. Thanks Cheri - I'm glad you are healed!

Stephanie

Thanks for the info! My little girl, Sydney, has eczema and I have been trying creams, etc.

I will read the book and try her on a GF diet.

Thanks!

Serving the King

Praise the Lord! That is awesome!! I have just begun digging into how exactly foods effect our body's and this was right up our alley! Thanks for sharing and so thankful for your healing!!

Anonymous

1 year ago our 1yr old granddaughter was deathly ill and nobody could figure out what was wrong with her. We end up in the Madison, WI Childrens Hospital for 11 days and on day 4 they figure out she has celiac which is basicaly allergic to gluten. Today she totally gluten free and healthy as a horse. Its amazing to realize how many foods have gluten in them. Never would of thought gluten could have an affect on eczema. Glad it hear it helped you.
Vickie

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP