Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

3.07.2010

Is It Spring?

Saturday was a beautiful day...a day to do a bit of cleaning up outside. So, I sent the children outdoors to do what I did not get done in the fall. They cut back all the dead leaves from my flowers. And what was underneath? Yes, lovely flowers peaking out of the ground! They are always such a lovely sight. Especially, after the long, cold, snowy winter we have had here in Virginia.





Afterward, we packed a lunch and headed to the playground. Seth and Jack played at the soccer fields, while the girls headed to the playground equipment. You should have seen Ivy's eyes light up at the sight of the fun stuff. She quickly climbed the biggest slide there and flew down it. It was fun to see all their smiling faces, having a good time.



Ivy would yell "I love you, Eva. I love you, Joy!"

Today, Sunday, was even warmer in the 60's. Mike bought Jack, Eva, and Ivy new bikes, and they've been a lot of fun. Eva zips around the garage and patio on her big bike with training wheels. Ivy, I believe, is very weak. She slowly makes the trek around the back of the house. I don't think she has a lot of muscles in her back, abdomen, or legs to get her bike moving along too quickly. I know that will take some time. Joy is enjoying her hand-me-down tricycle. She can finally reach the pedals this year.




While we've all enjoyed the outdoors, Jordan has been cooped up inside with a terrible cold. It is "the worst cold I've had in years", she says. Poor thing. She's glad she is on spring break this week.

4 kind words:

Anonymous

Hey Cheri,
Awwwwwww, wow! I love what Ivy was shouting up the "microphone!" It just couldn't be any sweeter than that!

How do you get all these wonderful pictures? Do you have it strapped to your hip?

You amaze me!

Have a great week!

Jenny

Anonymous

I meant to say, do you have the camera attached to your hip? :)

Mike and Barb

Love the teenager-in-shorts and snow-on-the-ground combination :-))
You know, even after 2 1/2 years home, Nina is still pretty weak, and physical activity definitely not her forte.
Barb

Unknown

I love the shot of Ivy telling the girls she loves them. Too too sweet!

Eva

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP