Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

7.14.2014

Refugees + Soccer

The city has a refugee community of Bhutanese/Nepalis.  We have many people from our church who work with the refugee community.  The refugee children love soccer.  They practice weekly and even have their own jerseys.  Needless to say they are pretty good.  Our local home-school soccer league has been getting together (as an outreach) to play soccer with them.  Jack participated recently on a hot Saturday morning.

We're the hodge-podged jersey team.


Maybe we lost because we didn't practice as a team....or didn't have matching jerseys.


But, the point was to have a good time.  And they skunked us...pretty badly.  No need to tell you the score.


Eva got tired of watching and headed off to play her own game of soccer with her buddy.


2 kind words:

Judi

What an outreach! I love it!

Anonymous

HEY, now! They smashed us completely if you count the score, but I thought we played well--the ball was on their half of the field for more than 50% of the game, I thought. We just couldn't score! (And thankfully, our goalie was pretty good, because they could have doubled their score otherwise.)

Sorry I missed you there. I saw one, two, all of the girls at some point, but I assumed they were there with Mike.

:) Kristine

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP