Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

4.09.2013

I Cannot Do It

I cannot do it because it is only April.  I cannot do it because it snowed less than a week ago.  Even though my kids were sweating miserably after soccer practice while I was cooking dinner on a hot stove, I refused to turn on the air conditioning!


Even though my girls and Jack thought for sure it reached 100 degrees, I will not turn it on.  I told them to go take a cold shower.  In reality, it only reached 80 degrees today. 

I know it is psychological for me.  It is April.  My house has been shut up all winter long.  I want the windows open with the breeze flowing through.  I want to fall asleep at night listening to the frogs in the pond and wake in the morning with the birds singing me a song.  I know once Mike gets home, I will be forced to listen to the running air conditioning as I close up the windows yet again.  But, until then, I will make my 4 children suffer the agony of open windows!  I know.  I am so mean.

6 kind words:

Vicky

You are blessed to live some place where it is still safe to sleep with open windows!

The Mac Fam

Oh I envy you! I have got to have someone out to give us a price on screens for our windows. Enjoy for me too! :0)

Stephanie

I can only dream of it being 80 degrees in April...sigh. Sounds like a nice problem to have. Way to sand your ground. ;)

Anonymous
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown

This image is stunning!!!!!!

And I feel your pain. If I was still living in VA, I'd hate the idea of the A/C in April too. Nope. My windows would be open too.

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP