Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

3.10.2013

Work Day

As you probably heard, we had a snow storm roll through last week.  We got about 5 inches.


It snowed all night long.

Millie enjoyed lying in it.  But, it didn't last long.  Saturday it was in the 60's.  And that meant work for everyone except for the dogs.

She looks quite happy.  And Moxie lay in the snow that had not yet melted and ate sticks.


The rest of us worked.  And worked.  Trying to clean up the mess from the windstorm/power outage of last July and the heavy snowfall earlier this winter.  Mike We still have lots to do.


We made our children do most of the work (just kidding, although they did quite a bit), but they couldn't handle the chainsaw.  Even Joy was pretty good at gathering the smaller branches and putting them in about 10 piles scattered about the property. 


Mike is still wondering how to get that wedged broken branch down.  He is not too thrilled with the idea of climbing up that tree.

The girls took a break to have a sword fight.  Eva ended up gouging Ivy in the eye.  Not pretty.


One day we will have to sell this property.  I love having all the room and privacy, but the upkeep is a bit much for us old folks.   We now need to get a truck to haul all the piles of branches to the burn pile.  See how large the piles are in the background of the picture above?  We'll be contributing to global warming this spring.

2 kind words:

The Farmgirl

Wow, love your new photo of your precious family! Your property is gorgeous, all of those trees :) but yes, that does look like it is lots of upkeep.(we only have half an acre and that is tough for us..haha!) Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting..so nice to "meet" you! Teresa

Judi

Ouch! Hope Ivy's eye is okay! Your property is so beautiful. I love seeing the pics of all the scenery and seasons!

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP