Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

3.31.2013

Easter Weekend

Our "Easter Weekend" started on Thursday.  In anticipation of Seth's visit home, the girls and I cooked some of Seth's favorite things that afternoon.  I always appreciate their help! 


Especially the cleaning up.


I caught Eva cleaning out the icing bowl.


 Then enjoying the spatula.


While I decorated the birthday cupcakes.


Joy had her share of the icing, too.


Seth arrived home with Mike later Thursday night, much to the enjoyment of the girls in the house, myself included.


Saturday morning was fun.  Seth opened an early birthday gift from Jordan...a ukelele from Hawaii.


Then the girls spent some time trying to beat him in a game of Connect Four.  I love how Joy is looking lovingly at her big brother.


Ivy and Eva are doing some serious strategizing.


Then we had cupcakes for the big guy.


I'm so thankful God blessed us with strong, tough men in this house.  They spent Saturday cleaning up the brush from the past year.


Seth came in the house to put super glue on his big gash on his finger.  Um, yuck.


 Later, he hung out with the girls in the cherry tree.



Seth took Joy up a little further.  With her height and sensory issues, she was very concerned about this.


He had to do some major coaxing to get out of the tree.  Joy was hanging on for dear life.  She just wrapped herself around big brother.


Once down, he had to explain to her that he would never let anything happen to her.  It was so sweet and pitiful at the same time.  Seth had to leave today, and we all hated to see him leave.


The next day was much of the same.  Yard work.  As usual, Eva always has a bag with her.  And she was packing heat.



And just for fun, I thought you'd like to see what Moxie looks like after being outside most of the day eating sticks.


Gross.

5 kind words:

The Mac Fam

Love this post. And loved the pics, especially the ones of your son holding your daughter up the tree. How precious and protective. I love seeing that.

Unknown

Sweet post...love that sibling love. our oldest left for college after easter celebrations today. Always sad to see them go

Judi

Loved the pics! You can see the love between all your kids! Love it!

Stephanie

The pics of Seth taking care of Joy in the tree are just precious! Poor girlie!

Loved the update. Looks like an awesome weekend.

Unknown

What a wonderful Easter weekend with Seth home. Your men are big and tough!

How fun to have the girls in the kitchen helping you.

Happy Easter!

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP