Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

2.26.2013

Visiting Seth

This past weekend, we visited our Seth, whom we have not seen since Christmas.  It was short; but it was so good to see him.  Since the weather was cold (40) and rainy, the girls stayed home with my mom.  I knew they would not be happy if there was nothing for them to do.


But, we ended up going out in the rain for a bit on Saturday.  We showed the boys where Mike and I lived as newlyweds.


We visited a maritime museum in the area.  Mike enjoyed showing Seth all the equipment he used during his time in the ancient Navy.


When all six kids lived at home, these items would have been very useful at our home.

An amazingly large soup pot.

Shake Uncle Sam's hand, and he could tell what kind of person you are.

Jack would have made a cute sailor...

...and I would not have made a lovely mermaid.  Why do they have to put these things there?

We toured a decommissioned battleship.  I was amazed at its size even though it is not very large in comparison to other ships.

Wooden ship deck. 

This particular ship, Battleship Wisconsin, served in WWII thru the Gulf War, is nearly 3 football fields long and one of the last battleships built by the US Navy.

Now, anyone who has followed my blog long enough, knows that my oldest son, Seth, is a bit wild.  He occasionally has pulled his brother along on his escapades.  This weekend was no exception.  Later that evening, in 40 degree temps and drizzling rain, my boys headed down to the beach, in their swimsuits to take a plunge in the ocean.  I don't know...but that is something I would never even consider doing.  Some people walking along the beach stopped to take videos to post on FB of the crazy young men. 

Sorry for the fuzzy pic from IPhone, but you get the picture.  After the plunge they headed in for a dip in the hot tub.

5 kind words:

Wendy in OH

LOVE it! Do I see a tattoo???

Stephanie

I'm with you. I would never consider a dip in such cold temperatures!! Brrr.
So thankful you were able to spend some time with your growing-up son.

Holly

Even my Finnish blood shudders when I think of going in that water...that's from experience. We've gone in when there was still ice on the lake. I'm a wimp now. You couldn't pay me to get me in there. :P

Vicky

I'm happy you had a chance to visit Seth! How's Jordan? Is she liking Hawaii?

Judi

Just looking at the picture made me feel cold! Looks like it was a fun time, though! Glad you had a bit of time with Seth!

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP